Soccer is the beautiful game. The world’s most popular sport has long been a part of Ballsports’ history. With soccer leagues running throughout the year and a field designed specifically for the sport, once you step onto the turf you’ll feel like Messi.
Soccer is great for small and medium-sized groups looking for a fun and active experience. For pricing information or to book call (416) 461-4400 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Soccer is best played with 12-20 people.
- Soccer is a time-based game and can be modified based on the format of a single game or tournament style.
- Soccer is a non-contact sport and played on a field with nets on either end of the field.
- The object of soccer is to score more than the opposing team. To score the offensive team needs to kick a soccer ball fully across the goal line and into the defending team’s net.
- Soccer is primarily played using your feet. However, the ball can touch any part of your body except your arms/hands.
- In the case a ball touches a player arm/hand a foul will be called and the opposing team will take possession of the ball from the spot of the foul. The team who fouled has to give the offending team at least 5 steps from the spot of the foul.
- Only the goalie can use their hands to touch the ball. They can only do so inside the penalty area by their net.
- Soccer at Ballsports is played with 6 players on the field for each team. 5 players and 1 goalie. *Can be modified for group size*
- The game begins with the ball at centre. One team will get to kick the ball in any direction to begin the game.
- After a goal the ball is placed at centre and the team that was scored on gets to kick the ball in any direction to resume play.
- If a ball is kicked out of bounds along the sidelines, a kick-in is awarded to the opposite team. There will be NO throw-ins at any time. If a ball is kicked out of bounds along the goal line by the offence, a goal kick is awarded to the defending team. If a ball is kicked out of bounds along the goal line by the defence, a corner kick is awarded to the attacking team.
- After a foul, all kicks are indirect. Meaning another player has to make contact with the ball for their to be an attempt on net that leads to a goal.
Facilitated soccer comes with our events facilitator to host your event. They’ll be responsible for: engaging your group, organizing and coordinating games, any equipment, keeping score, and timing, among other things. Cost is $225-300 +hst per field per hour.
Soccer rentals entails you’ll have the field available for your time that was booked to do whatever activity you want on the field. If you need a soccer ball they can be borrowed from the front desk in exchange for an ID. Cost is $130-$200 +hst per field per hour.
For further pricing information or to book please call (416) 461-4400 or email us at email@example.com.