BUBBLE SOCCER RULES
6 PLAYERS | FOUR 8-MINUTE QUARTERS | 3-MINUTE BREAK BETWEEN QUARTERS
- Play will be divided into (4) 8-minute quarters separated by 3-minute breaks.
- There will be a running clock maintained by a referee who will advise both teams when there is one minute remaining in each quarter.
- The clock will stop during injury time-outs.
- Kick-off – the ball will be placed in the center of the field, and teams line up along their goal line. When the whistle blows, teams may run to the ball for possession.
- This will occur every time a goal is scored.
- Ball in Bubble – If the ball lands in a bubble, play will stop and the ball retrieved. The referee will then conduct a “drop ball” with one member from each team.
- Drop Ball – 1 player from each team will stand 5 yards away from the ball, as the ball hits the ground each player may charge towards the ball to retrieve it.
- Substitutions – Substitutions may be made throughout the game
- No Off-sides
- No goalkeepers
The Goal Box
- A goal box will be marked off in front of each goal. It will extend 4 paces/yards out and 2 paces/yard to each side of the goal posts.
- All players (offensive and defensive) must remain outside this area unless the ball is inside the goal box.
- If the defense is clearly in the goal box area before any shot on goal takes place, and then legally (without the use of the hands) deflects a shot, it will result in the following: A penalty shot on an open goal 15 paces/yards out.
- If a player enters the goal box unintentionally without (in the eyes of the ref) interfering with the course of play, this will not result in a penalty shot.
Out of Bounds
- Anytime the ball goes over either sideline, out of bounds, a kick-in will ensue.
- Last touched by a defender- a corner kick. Ball is placed on nearest corner and kicked in by offensive team. Goals may bescored on corner kicks. All players must be outside the goal box until the ball enters the goal box and the defense must be at least 4 paces from the corner.
- Last touched by attacker. A goal kick by the defense.