Ultimate is a fast-paced non-contact sport played with a flying disc more commonly seen at the beach. It combines the speed and agility of track sports, the aerial precision of football, and the endurance and communication of soccer.
Ultimate is great for small and medium-sized groups looking for team building experiences and something outside of your traditional turf sports. For pricing information or to book call (416) 461-4400 or email us at email@example.com.
Ultimate is best played with 12-20 people.
- Ultimate is a time-based game and can be modified based on the format of a single game or tournament style.
- Ultimate is played on a field with an end zone on either end of the field.
- The object of ultimate is to score more than the opposing team. To score the offensive team needs to catch the disc in the defending team’s end zone.
- Catches in bounds need to have both feet in bounds or the first point of contact in bounds to be considered a good catch
- The disc may leave the playing field and come back in bounds. It’s where it’s caught/lands that’s important.
- Ultimate is a possession-based game. There is no limit to how long a team can possess a disc.
- Teams lose possession (turnover) by: disc is caught or lands out of bounds, disc hitting the ground after a throw, a stall count violation.
- Once a team is in possession of the disc the opposing team can begin stall counts on the thrower (if they’re within a few paces). The offending team will have 8 stall counts (“Stall 1, Stall 2”) to throw the disc. If the stall count is reached before the player throws the disc then it’s a turnover and the defending team takes over possession of the disc.
- If a turnover is out of bounds the offensive team will take possession of the disc closest to where the disc went out of bounds.
- If a turnover occurs in the defensive team’s end zone then the offensive team will take possession of the disc on the end line closest to where possession was gained.
- Games begin with a pull (a throw) to the offending team from the defending team’s end zone. A pull also occurs after each score.
- Picks are not allowed. Offending teams cannot position players to impede the progress or momentum of a defending player.
Facilitated ultimate comes with our events facilitator to host your event. They’ll be responsible for: engaging your group, organizing and coordinating games, any equipment, keeping score, and timing, among other things. Cost is $225-300+tax per field per hour.
Ultimate rentals entails you’ll have the field available for your time that was booked to do whatever activity you want on the field. If you need a disc it can be borrowed from the front desk in exchange for an ID. Cost is $165-$220+tax per field per hour.
For further pricing information or to book please call (416) 461-4400 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.